How do we get there, what are the parameters we must work upon, how do we plan our budgets and executive processes, how do we identify the right partnerships to reach there, what is acceptable litter on our path, how do we hone our ability to address implementation challenges, what are the course corrections and negotiations that we must be open to – without losing on our party ideology and personal values – How do we stay close to reality, yet dare to dream?
1. Implement Healthcare measures that empower Primary Health Care Centers(PHCs) with the best of human resources , equipment and medicines; create healthy citizenry by building support across government for higher levels of investment in health, and to ensure that health is prioritized within overall economic and development plans; To improve maternal health and nutrition; To combat child-mortality rates through affordable and effective access to healthcare; To combat HIV/AIDs, Tuberculosis and Malaria through vaccination, providing wider and comprehensive knowledge about transmission and mitigating the impact of these diseases; To combat the emergence and spread of non-communicable and chronic diseases; To provide wider reach to preventive healthcare measures that use alternative and allopathic therapies; To establish and implement health policies that respond to the poorest of the poor.
2. Step up Education reach to go beyond books and boards; To support skill development and employability measures that improve the Human Resource Index of the State; To bring easier access of higher education and professional courses, to rural learners; To reduce the barriers of entry to higher education through increased support systems; To make Information Communication Technologies (ICT) penetration plausible; To bridge the digital divide through initiatives that support Tamil computing and Tamil Mobile App development; To support initiatives that preserve native learning and knowledge; To identify, record and move traditional oral dissemination of such Dravidian knowledge to digital assets.
3. Create Gender Equality measures that ensure that the girl-child and women do not face discrimination, have access to education, work opportunities and social benefits; To sustain their efforts that help them establish a work-life balance; To support pro-active policies that improve their participation in decision-making; To implement 33% reservation for women within party posts and the Tamil Nadu Assembly.
4. Improve Power Generation; to minimize transmission losses and pilferage; create more localized power units; encourage tapping solar energy; reduce the capital cost and subsidize solar power generating units for residences, educational institutions, hospitals and other public welfare institutions; create public-private funded power stations, the output of which will be used for commercial, industrial and business units; explore more alternative sources of energy and incentivize new ideas-in-operation.
5. To create a Southern Water Grid where all southern states come together to share waters; to preserve, stabilize and augment utilizable water resources; to educate people on efficient utilization of water and create public awareness towards conservation; to conserve rainwater through residential land, temple, village tanks and check dams; to recycle treated water from effluent treatment for commercial purposes; to install common effluent treatment plants in commercial and industrial sites and to ensure that they are functioning effectively; to promote research and training for water resources management; and to establish mechanisms for resolution of conflicts between intra-state river basins.
6. Improve Industrial Investments leading to greater employment opportunities; To work on creating not just basic jobs but knowledge workers, across domains and verticals; To improve the overall systems that enable the non-urban population to experience global opportunities through technology reach; To support policies that create an equitable economy.
7. Back Agriculture by providing wider access to resources viz., land, water, finance, machinery and research & development on best practices; Enable their market-reach opportunities with improved infrastructure and logistics support, through private sector participation; Establish co-operatives that open up global commodity markets to local farmers; To offer greater access to global markets through technology enabled-kiosks manned by local youth, providing opportunities within the communities and reducing the exodus to urban landscapes; to support advocacy measures that create self-sufficiency to the basic family unit of rural Tamil Nadu.
8. To address the issues faced by Fishermen along the coastal length of 1076 km; To optimize livelihood options to fishermen by popularizing integrated fish farming in artificial tanks and ponds; To provide livelihood support for them by funding mechanized boats, nets and deep-freezer equipment; To improve their safety while at sea; To enable them get good prices through improved marketing infrastructure; To provide training to their literate youth on establishing their own portals for fish and fish products and enabling direct-to-market channels; To train them on maintaining quality of fish and fish products by creating awareness about processed food markets; To provide better support systems for a better life for them and their families.
9. Strengthen Urban infrastructure with better roads, safe drinking water, healthier environment and better sanitation; To bridge the gap between Urban elite and Urban slums, in terms of cleanliness, civic needs and durable housing that is less crowded; To create incentives for promoting sustainable urban-gardening and urban-agriculture measures within the urban eco-system; To promote education and resource reach that enable women to engage in Urban agriculture in large measures, creating a sustainable food future; To strengthen urban local bodies to enable them to perform their basic functions such as drinking water supply, sanitation and solid waste management in an effective manner.
10. Build policies and programs around the larger objective of Environmental Sustainability and reduced pollution; Achieve significant improvement in living standards of the poor, through reversing the losses of environmental resources; To support afforestation measures, tapping into the non-agricultural tracts of land in the State; To reduce bio-diversity losses by a significant measure, by 2020; To partner with international governments, advocacy groups, donors, civil societies, business houses and multilateral organizations in our mission to create a sustainable and healthy land for the future citizens of Tamil Nadu; To overall achieve the needs of the present generation without compromising on the ability of the future generation to derive benefits from our natural resources.